Big Sur users are reporting problems with Lexmark printers after updating their operational system. “Filter failed” seems to be a really common error, so we are going to explain to you the best fix.
Do you find our CONTENT USEFUL? Please HELP US continue our labour by donating today!
Fix “Filter Failed” error while printing
Follow the steps below and “Filter Failed” error will not appear again.
- Go to System Preferences>Printers & Scanners
- Delete your printer from the list
- Add your printer using the option “Generic PostScript Printer” (check the screenshot down below)
After that, the problem should be solved.
“Filter failed” error persists
If the fix exposed above is not working for you, please try these:
- Restart the computer/printer (:P)
- Re-add the printer normally
- Look for help in support webpage of your printer
If you have tried all these options, let us know in the comments. We will try to figure out how to help in your particular case.